Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Marionette Papier Marche Puppet Making Part Two

Jane and I are continuing to 
make our Papier Marche' Puppets.
We have placed our second layer
 of paper onto our pieces.
Some of our puppet pieces where taking a long time
to dry. The balloons where deflating and causing the 
paper head to become misshapen. 
We needed to get these pieces dry.
To speed up the drying process I placed the non
plastic pieces into a low oven.
( no higher than 200 degrees)
The oven was the perfect fix to our drying problem.
Warning!
Your balloons will expand. So cheek your pieces
often while they are in the oven.
I had a wonderful surprise when my balloon expanded
and caused my head piece to open up. I am so excited,
my puppet is forming itself.
 I think this puppet may want to be a knight.
 As Jane puts on more layers of paper Amy looks
on encouraging her. 
(Amy is working on needle point belt.) 
All of our pieces have two — four layer coats of 
paper on them now.
We will let these dry fully.
See you Tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment