Thursday, July 21, 2011

Jewelry-Wine Corks with a Twist

My latest jewelry design is a wine cork necklace.
Wine corks are fascinating.
 I have always enjoyed looking at all the great graphics on them.
 As a wine bottle is opened I think to myself what a shame to throw this sweet little cork away.
 So I save them, always thinking of  ways to use them or like todays necklace's show them off.
Each necklace is different, there are no two alike.
Some are wrapped in copper wire some are not.
Most have a copper ring, some have a green  patina,
some do not.
Each cork tells a little story, each one unique.
Some corks hang on ball and chain necklaces some hang on beads. 
There are corks with ribbon, ribbon and chain, or
several different chains with beads.
If you're like me and like to touch and feel before you buy
You can see these necklaces and more in Savannah Ga. at the
 Butcher Gallery 
19 East Bay St.
If Savannah Ga. is not within your reach and you would like to own
 one of these wine corks with a twist or
perhaps you have had a special bottle of wine and you would like that cork
 made into a necklace 
please email me at connecting.pieces@gmail.com 
I would love to make one of these special necklaces for you.
Credit to Mac Taylor for his two pictures of the Butcher Gallery.
Thank you to the Butcher Gallery for your encouragement and support.

2 comments:

  1. I wanted to let you know that I linked this post on my blog entry on wine cork uses. What beautiful pendants! What a nice gift for wine drinking friends.

    http://iwanttomakethis.com/

    ReplyDelete